International numbers from Portugal



If you want to do business in Portugal, it is important to understand the culture. If you know the culture and the differences, misunderstandings can be prevented and the chance of success can be increased. Message To The Moon wants to inform you about the Portuguese culture. With a local number you can achieve more success abroad. The population immediately recognizes a local number and is more likely to call the local number. Are you looking for a number from another country? Then visit our country page.

Cultural and language differences

Portugal is a sparsely populated country. The country has 10 million inhabitants and 70% of them live in the densely populated coastal region that runs from Lisbon to the Spanish northern border. The other 30% is spread throughout the country. The cities in the coastal region are very popular with tourists, such as Albufeira, Porto and Lisbon.


The language spoken in Portugal is Portuguese. About 20% of the population speaks English, the other 80% speak little or no English. The Portuguese generally have a better command of the French language than the English language.

The language is very similar to Spanish. The differences can be compared to American English and British English. This could be an opportunity for you as an entrepreneur.


Portuguese are very proud of their music and is therefore a big part of the culture. Portugal’s life song is called ”Fado”. It is about the desire for something that is unattainable, but the fadol songs also contain festive tones and are danced to a lot.

Architectural style

The Portuguese architectural style is highly appreciated worldwide. The cultural architectural style in the ancient cities is therefore often visited by tourists. The style is known for its many decorations and this style can often be seen among the inhabitants on the tiles of the floor and walls.

collage portugal

Kinds of numbers


There are a number of different service numbers in Portugal. The country code for Portugal is +351. Portugal also uses local and national numbers. Message To The Moon offers several songs. You can choose which number is best for your company. If you have a Portuguese number and a website, you do not need to be physically present in the country to integrate into the market. You also save costs, such as investments in business premises, resources such as equipment, registrations, etc. The Portuguese telephone numbers of Message To The Moon forward to any desired number, anywhere in the world. So you can simply be in the Netherlands and pick up the phone there when a customer calls your Portuguese number. Do you want to generate more turnover through the number? Or do you want to show that you are there for the customer with a freephone number? This choice is completely up to you and our specialists are especially ready to help you with this choice.


A service number starting with the area code 800 will be for the recipient’s account. With this choice, it costs the caller nothing to call the number. The services allowed for this number are business services and customer service. This toll-free 800 phone number is not tied to any particular city or region. Because it’s free for the caller, they like to grab the phone to call you. A Freephone number can be used perfectly for organizations where something is sold on the basis of the call. Think, for example, of requests for quotations, donations or reservations. The games of chance, dialer and entertainment services are prohibited in Portugal and therefore cannot use a freephone number.

Local number

With a geographic number you tie your brand to a specific city or region. For example, it is possible to take a telephone number in the area code of Lisbon or Porto. This ensures that the local population has more confidence and thus clearly shows which market you want to reach. This option is intended for companies that want to indicate that they will be physically present in the country. But it is also useful for shops that have several visiting addresses.

National number

Using a national number gives your company more options on a national scale. It doesn’t matter what your primary location is, because the national numbers ensure that you have a national identity. Your customers will be able to easily find out where you are located by looking at your contact number, giving your business a better reputation and reliability. As an added benefit, multiple locations can be accessed through one number. This is ideal if you have multiple locations.

Options at Message To The Moon


You have plenty of options with us. It doesn’t matter which Portuguese number you have, you can benefit from all the extras. There are no additional charges. There are many benefits to our IVR (Interactive Voice Response) platform. We’ve highlighted a few benefits for you.

  • Queue Is the line busy and no employees ready to answer the phone? No problem. Each number has a queue where all entrants are placed in order of entry. You can determine the music that is played. A voice message can even be recorded that you can play while waiting.
  • Selection menu This is essential if you have a company with several departments. The selection menu enables the caller to connect to the correct department. Does the customer have a question about your products? Then the customer is transferred to the right department or person.
  • Digital answering machine If it is too busy for the employees and the customer is waiting for a long time. Then you can leave a message that will be played. This gives the customer the feeling that the customer is not forgotten and that action is taken despite the waiting time. This feature is also useful if a customer calls after hours.
  • Call statistics Do you want to have an overview of when most customers call? Or how long is the call? Then this function can certainly not be forgotten. With the call statistics, you have an overview of all calls

These are a number of advantages of our online telephone exchange. You have full control over your online telephone exchange. We give you the freedom to give your callers the best experience.

Why Message To The Moon?

We have passion for our profession. At Message To The Moon you have plenty of choice between different Portuguese numbers. Do you want to show that you have a heart for Portugal? Then a Portuguese number is very important. At Message To The Moon you can choose from different types of service numbers. You can choose between the different number types that best suit your company. Every day we are working hard to ensure that everyone can do business undisturbed. Fast delivery is paramount and if a number is in stock, you can be reached on that number the same day.

Is the number out of stock? No problem. We can deliver this number within five days. You don’t have to be unreachable during those five days, because we provide a temporary number. So that you can be reached at all times. Don’t have a landline phone? We can offer you a fixed telephone from YeaLink or a cordless telephone (DECT) from Gigaset for only €5 per month. Feel free to email or call us and we will ensure that a specialist is ready to help you. That is the service of Message To The Moon.

Are you looking for an InGeo number in another country? Then visit our InGeo page.

Portuguese numbers

You can choose from different numbers from Portugal. There are different rates for the numbers. If the number is in stock, you can be reached within 1 day.

If the number you want is not in stock, you can request the number and you can be reached at the number within 5 days. You can write down the number you would like on the order form and we will contact you as soon as possible about the possibilities.

Kinds of Number Costs per month
Local €25,00
National €25,00
Freephone €45,00


Portugal Local numbers
Portugal National numbers
Portugal Freephone

Order a number from Portugal

The most recent general terms and conditions apply to all services provided by Message To The Moon BV. These can be found here, (click for Dutch Version or English Version), and they will be sent to you upon first request.

Your order

Customized proposal?

Call us at +31 88 8000 800 or leave your email, company name, and phone number and we will call you back.

Always get the best promotions?

Sign up for our newsletter to receive more information about our services and offers.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.